Leaves of Gold

I hate to be redundant and post another image from our Shenandoah day trip, but the shooting conditions were just magical with the fog and misty rain. This was probably my favorite from that day and I did use it on the cover of my 2021 calendar so I decided to include it with my list of favorites for the year.

As always thanks for taking a moment to leave your thoughts as they are always appreciated.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 35-70 @ 70mm, f 8 @ 1/50 sec, ISO 400, CPL, MLU, cable release & tripod

3 Likes

Excellent moody fog image with superb color and comp.

1 Like

Thanks for being redundant. It is a real pleasure to view this one, too. Great mood, great atmospherics. Beautiful!

1 Like

Love this image and the “mood” the fog adds to it. Well done!

1 Like

I’m a big fan of foggy landscapes and this is an excellent one, Ed! I love the bright yellow leaves and there is enough detail in the background tree trunks to give the scene some nice depth. Nicely shot!

1 Like

Definitely worth posting another from this special day! Wonderful!!

1 Like

Many thanks to everyone @David_Schoen, @Harley_Goldman, @scott_fenton, @Gary_Minish and @Diane_Miller for taking a moment to leave your thoughts as they are always appreciated.

Oh, this is really lovely and magical looking! I love how the yellow is diffused by the fog.

I love the color And feel of this. my thought and not a criticism is I would also like to see a version with 2/3 fog 1/3 tree. I think this is spectacular as shot, I like moody fog so much that would be interesting to see if it works. Beautiful capture and execution