Leaves of Gold #3

This is from a wonderful foggy and rainy day of shooting in November from a day trip to Shenandoah NP. It was one of the most fun days of shooting that I have ever had as the conditions were just magical. We would have stayed overnight, but the next day was calling for cloudless skies so we just decided to do the day trip and headed back to MD after the sunset.

As always thanks for taking a moment to leave your thoughts.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 35-70 @ 70mm, f 11 @ 1/60 sec, ISO 400, CPL, cable release & tripod

7 Likes

Beautiful image, scene and mood. I can see why it is one of your favs.

1 Like

Beautiful image, Ed. I’ve always liked fog and mist and this really captures the feel of it.

1 Like

Love this image, Ed. The square crop works well and the processing is spot on. SMH trying to figure out why this has only 2 comments.

1 Like

I meant to comment earlier but got caught up in Christmas stuff. Was also having trouble pulling up images but it seems OK now. I think it’s gorgeous – I love the layers of branches and how things recede in the fog. It’s a small thing but I wonder about a slight desaturation of the brightest yellows on the right edge.

1 Like

Thanks everyone @Harley_Goldman, @Dennis_Plank, @Michael_Lowe and @Diane_Miller for the kind words; so glad everyone enjoyed this as much as I did.

@Diane_Miller : Thanks for picking up on that as I did not notice those couple of bright leaves until you pointed that out. I will take care of that before making a print.

Another really beautiful foggy forest scene, Ed. The intertwined yellow leaves throughout really makes the whole image! I can see why it’s one of your favorites!

1 Like

Thanks so much @Vanessa_Hill.; I am glad you enjoyed the image. My brother and I had so much fun shooting in the fog that day.

I really love the warmth and the mist here and they create a great mood here.