Liftoff

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G-II @ 250mm
ISO 1600, 1/2500 @ f6.3
Cropped from a horizontal for comp
While sitting at my kitchen table yesterday morning I noticed this female black swallowtail laying eggs on some of our parsley. She was very busy and I had a hard time getting her in the frame but I liked this one shot of her as she left the parsley. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

Really nice action shot, Bill. They are tough to photograph anytime, but especially when they are busy laying eggs, They’re almost frantic. I like the verticality of the comp.

Bill, this is a very nice action shot with good detail in both the parsley and the butterfly. I’ve been checking my Queen Anne’s Lace, but so far, there’s no sign of caterpillars… :frowning_face:

Awesome action photo Bill. Its a great take off, I to this day have not captured on in flight. She is a beautiful butterfly

Wow, Bill, and in flight BF. I am a little envious. That is not an easy shot to get. Love her position that you caught her in. I have seen one fluttering around our parsley, so she probably was laying eggs too. I will have to check for caterpillars. Well done.