Light Ahead

ORIGINAL:

REWORK:

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any and all

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Beat me up

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@danielwoodmd

Daniel: This requires close scrutiny which I think is a good thing. The large version is especially pleasing. Nicely crafted image. >=))>

Thanks for the feedback @Bill_Fach! Immediately after posting and seeing it on the screen, I thought I might be able to push the whites / brightness to create an even more high key image without losing the depth. It’ll be a work in progress. Appreciate the comments.

Dan, this is an intriguing look at this grass seed. The focus on the one near the center works well as the surroundings fade into nothingness across the frame. While this view works well, I could also see trying alternative crops, especially a vertical, if there’s more like this at the bottom or square versions with the main seed head in other locations.

Great suggestion Mark. I am definitely going to try that and I’ll post a rework. Thank you very much for the feedback and critique. This is exactly what I need!