Listen To The Wind

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Perhaps a different take on the challenge but this is one of my favorite friends in Rocky Mountain NP. I discovered him on Trail Ridge road above the Rainbow curve in 1998. This image was taken in 2007. I’ve been back to RMNP several times since but the road was closed each time. I wonder if he’s still up there weathering the storms. All comments welcome. >=))>>

Technical Details

Sony A100
Minolta 20mm
ISO 200, 1/30 @ f11, CPL

1 Like

Nice shot, Bill. My guess it he is still up there and will probably be there long after us. I’ve also been through RMNP trail ridge road many times over the years, pretty sure I’ve seen this tree also. Love the perspective you’ve gotten.

Bill, this “gnarly” tree has some real character to it in overall texture, weather bleaching, significant age, and acrobatic form here. Reminds me of trees in the White Mountains opposite of the eastern sierra range…A wonderful find… :+1:

Bill, this is a great view of this ancient tree. The soft light and the fairly cloudy sky add well to the sense of struggle.

Wonderful old tree – an object of art!! And definitely bare!! Good thinking!