Little Bird, Big Fish

I took this series of 4 images a couple of weeks ago in St. Petersburg, FL. I have included these four as they document an incredible feat by a very young, very hungry Black Skimmer chick. Sony a9 with Sony 100-400mm lens with 1.4 teleconverter, 560mm, f/10 at 1/800th. ISO 1600.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Wonderful series! I especially like the first one as it really shows the difference in size. The parent watching over the chick as it struggles adds to the story too. Really nice catch.

Nice series. Young birds are known for being able to eat something huge and this one proves it.

Excellent series, Charles. I agree that it is amazing these tiny birds can take the whole fish like that. Just curious, do you know if it had been predigested some by the parent? It’s a treat to see the whole story.

That aught to hold him for a while! Really nice capture with great details.

What a great series of images telling a story, Charles. It is amazing how they can swallow something so large in comparison to them. I too like that the parent is there watching the chick as she swallows down the catch. Thank you for sharing this.

Great story and wonderful series!
Would prefer to see some more details in the blacks.