Little Guy

I was out and about photographing flowers at May 1st, when I noticed this little guy… This scene is just a celebration of new life to me. Not much else to say, pretty simple scene but somehow feels intimate to me.

Specific Feedback Requested

Nothing specific just any feedback you might want to share with me.

Technical Details

Fujifilm x-t4
Fujinon xf 33mm f 1.4 @ f2

3 Likes

This little guy is beautiful, Nikos. I have a desire to seem him a bit more up close, and maybe you could crop it in a little to help with that. I see you were shooting with a 33mm lens, so that makes for not so up close of a shot. I’m not familiar with your camera or lens, but suspect you would have had to been much closer to the subject then it would have allowed you to be. Still a very pleasing shot of him in his environment. I like how there is another flower like the one he is on over on the left of the frame, helping to balance the composition.

Nikos: Really nice environmental shot of this hairstreak. Excellent DOF management especially. I think you could get away with a much tighter crop if just the butterfly was the subject but this works very well for me as is. Nice find and a fine capture. >=))>

Nikos, this is a very nice environmental view of this little butterfly. It and the flower it’s on stand out very well. I like the overall feeling of a lovely spring day. As a very minor critique, you might burn-in the 3 or 4 almost white bits below and to the eft of the butterfly (bf) to let the bf and the greens stand out even more.

Hi @Mark_Seaver @Bill_Fach @Shirley_Freeman … apologies for not answering earlier, but here I am now. Thank you all for your kind feedback.

So based on your comments, let me say that I don’t consider this picture a macro photograp per se. To me this is a a small / intimate / environmental shot, as Shirley suggests. I was actually looking to post it with just the small_scene tag, but I had to choose between landscape/macro category anyway, so I chose the latter.

1 Like