Lone Flower

Any critiques would be greatly appreciated.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@trevorrochephotography

Trevor: Welcome to NPN and thanks for a good first post in the Flora gallery. I like your idea and the overall sharpness of the leaves is very good. I would crop this much tighter to eliminate the stuff in the URC. You still fill the frame with the leaves but your lone flower doesn’t get lost quite so much. Putting that flower on one of the power points in the frame will also bring it out more. It helps if you can provide some of your capture settings. That makes it a bit easier to offer more specific critique. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more. >=))>

1 Like

Your processing looks great, you absolutely nailed achieving a pleasing yellow/green in leaves, I don’t think that could look any better. And the strong color contrast of the magenta/green makes it easier to tell the story that you wan tot here.

i think tee simplification (less is more) achieved by @Bill_Fach crop makes a good image even better, and makes this story even stronger.

Welcome Trevor. The photo is original with a really tiny protagonist. I like the image, specially in the Bill’s version.