Look up

The light shining selectively through the petals drew me in immediately. While I have some photos with groups of these flowers, I love the simplicity of the single one

Look up

Specific Feedback Requested

I edited a little bit in Lightroom, bringing down the highlights on the stem. I couldn’t seem to reduce the darkness in the center, although it doesn’t bother me too much since it helps to focus on the petals. Is the center problematic? Any other editing or composition comments are appreciated.

Technical info: Panasonic GX85, 14-140mm lens @55mm. f5.6, 1/320, ISO 200. Hand-held.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Becky: Love the POV and the play of light on the petals. The dark center is OK with me. I would make that dark blob on the stem go away. I did a little cloning/CA work. Back to you. >=))>

1 Like

I love this image, Becky. I seem to really be drawn to images like this, with the light coming through the petals. Very well seen and captured. I like what Bill did too. I think it improves this nice shot even more.

1 Like

Thank you! I debated about the blob, and I agree it looks better. :smile:

Great perspective and overall image. I like the rework and quite like the image. Very well done.

1 Like

Becky: I love the POV and how the petals create shadows. Very well done. I’m fine with the dark spot on the stem as nature is rarely perfect. Richard

1 Like

Becky, great image! love the angle and textures on the petals and the play of light/shadow. Composition works great with diagonal stem. Like the rework by Bill.

1 Like