Looking Down

A couple of Weekly Challenges ago the subject was unique perspectives. This shot came to mind for me. A UAV shot looking straight down over the Vista House in the Columbia National Gorge in Oregon.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any…

Technical Details

10.3mm, 1 second, f/4.5, ISO 100, altitude 329 feet.

2 Likes

I like it David! Can’t say as I’ve ever seen this perspective of Vista House before. What I really paid attention to, was how much room you left between the road and the edge of the frame and was impressed with how even you have them all. Balance and space!

2 Likes

At first I thought this was a turn on some Formula 1 race track! I love this very unique view. And yes, you’ve framed it beautifully.

1 Like

Great shot! What? No vehicles or people? How did you manage that?

1 Like

@Jim_Gavin, Thanks for the comment. It was a Friday morning in July at 5AM. Just lucked out…

@Mark_Muller and @John_Pedersen thank you for the nice comments. I can say that my piloting skills are so so. I did manage to get the top and bottom framed nicely but had to crop a bit from the left to sync up.

What a cool scene!! I love the B/W treatment for the wonderful graphics! You could do a series on parking lot graphic art. And 1 sec from a drone! Could I maybe just get a drone and fly it right in front of my face and use it for my wide-angle lens? :wink:

1 Like