Lowe River & Mountains - Spring 2022

A beautiful Spring morning at the Lowe River, Valdez, Alaska.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is appreciated

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
I shot a number of singles but couldn’t get as much of the scene as I wanted at 16mm so I shot two vertical frames and stitched them. I then cropped the result to a 4 x 6 ratio (standard for my camera). The result is a larger scene and higher resolution.

Both frames: Sony a6300, Zeiss 16-70 F4 ZA @ 16 mm, ISO-100, f/8.0, 1/2000, hand held.

2 Likes

Beautiful scene. Colors look very good especially the white snow (and there looks to be a lot of it). The one very small cloud above the highest peak on the top draws a bit of attention. Maybe crop a bit off the left to remove three gray rocks(?). Or maybe not. I really like this.

@Gary_Minish This is a beautiful scene and well captured. I wish I would think more often of stitching as a solution, but I’m working on it. I thought I saw what @Jim_Gavin is referring to by cropping just slightly but I guess I was thinking of the very far right only a hair. I don’t find anything you’ve included disturbing though, so maybe having a little extra space is good. I’m also not mindful enough of that.

@karlag Nice catch Karla. I was referring to a slight crop off the right but said left.

1 Like