Manzanita Bee

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: When the Manzanita trees are blooming at our place the Honey Bees go nuts for them (I’ve heard Manzanita honey is excellent). After lots of trial and error… and stinging risk, I got this shot. D500, Nikon 18-200 lens, hand held, 1/2000th, f 7.1, 200mm, ISO 640, AI Clear, cropped to 1604 x 1135

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A nice look from below, Dave. I haven’t been stung yet while shooting them, and I have been in pretty close to them. They must not see us as a threat, and they have work to do. I wish I could see more of his face, but at least the eye is in view. Nice stop action shot.

Dave, the clear look at the bee and the flowers against the nice blue sky shows off this action very well. Yes, if you’re standing quietly, it seems that the bees are happy to ignore you.

Nectaring bees are happy bees and are ideal subjects for photographers. The bee is nice and sharp and the sky adds some additional color to the scene. I like the blurred wing which provides the viewer with the speedy intent of this bee as she looks for nectar…Jim

Dave: Great flight shot. Good choice of SS to keep the body still but show some wing blur. Most excellent.>=))>