Marbled Godwits in Flight and Re-post

A rarity for me: a flock of birds in flight with pretty good focus/detail.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? I tried cropping out the background shore, but preferred leaving it in.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 403mm; 1/800 at f7.1; ISO 200

Nice group of Godwits. I’m glad you left the background shoreline. The only thing I might do is clone out the last trailing bird on the right edge that is partially cut off and maybe his buddy above him that is all there, but really close to the edge of the frame.

1 Like

You really got good detail on the birds. I find it hard to get so many in focus. And a really nice job panning along with them. I would also remove the two trailing birds to make the group seem more complete. I think I might have doubled both ss and ISO .

1 Like

Really nice group flight image Allen. Great to get all the birds sharp and all the wing positions are quite interesting. Agree with Keith’s suggestion of taking out the last two birds.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments. I debated wether to include the last two or not. Agree it looks better with them out. Here’s the repost with the change made and also cleaned up some cloning artifacts in the water (LUC).

2 Likes

Very nice, Allen. I do prefer the repost. The light on the birds really makes this image special to me. The only change I’d consider would be to subdue the bright logs on the shore a bit as they tend to pull my eye toward the top of the frame.

1 Like