Misty Face

Sony A700
Minolta 100mm macro
ISO 200, 1/800 @ f5.6
This challenge would not be complete without a shot of the iconic Face Rock at Bandon, Oregon. Taken on our 25th anniversary trip in 2010.

. . . and just for fun, here are a couple of real humanoids to give a sense of scale. I wonder why we look so much younger :thinking:?

1 Like

Ok true confession, this took me a few minutes to actually see the profile Bill. I think the “mistyness” and blue color help add to the feeling of the rock. Great find and photo.

Bill, the upturned face stand out very well. I like that the gull seems to be adopting a similar tilted head pose. Sorry, no real humanoids allowed… :rofl:

Gosh, I just love this image, especially with those crashing waves. Great choice on composition. Overall, it’s a really great image!

Face Rock is well named! Nice image Bill. The mist/light fog really adds to the drama. Well done!

Interesting. I’ve been to Bandon several times and never noticed this rock. Maybe I should hang out in Landscape more often. Nice shots! Both of them.

Bill, looking at all the thumbnails I did not see or understand the connection with the WC. Upon opening the post up it was immediately apparent what the scene was all about. The profile is amazing and the fog or mist really adds a neat spin to the view. Very nice indeed… :+1:

Excellent choice for the challenge, Bill! The fog really adds to the mysteriousness of the face rock. I particularly like the large version because of the additional detail and the presence.