Rock Ness Monster

Sony A700
Minolta 24-85 @ 50mm
ISO 200, 1/8 @ f11
If one dares to explore the ridge lines of Rocky Mountain NP in the predawn silence you may be rewarded with a view of the mythical Rock Ness Monster. On this clear morning in 2008 I was able to approach undetected and there was enough wind noise that he didn’t hear my shutter release, otherwise I may have been a tasty breakfast for him. As the light came up his fearsome visage disappeared and I was grateful that I lived to tell the tale. All comments welcome. >=))>

6 Likes

Good entry and enjoyable image. Great shapes and nice color gradient in the sky.

Bill, what a delightful story of your lucky escape. The silhouette fits perfectly, with the predawn colors in the sky looking good. You should publish your story and image on the internet, I’m sure it will spread far and wide, creating a nice increase in visitors to RMNP. :wink:

1 Like

Nicely seen this Godzilla creature. I’m guessing that these are roots of an upturned tree? It’s even got a tail. Lol.

Love your title, story and the silhouette image, Bill! Great choice for the challenge!

Been in this ridge line many times Bill. Don’t know how I managed to survive this fellow. Great story and photo.

Great find, Bill, and perfect for the WC. Love the shapes, even down to a tail. Great story to go with the image. I too love the nice color gradient in the sky.

Excellent image, Bill, and I love the story. Well done.

Looks like a two headed dragon to me. Great shape with fine color background. I’m enjoying the common theme that many of these images were taken long ago.