Misty Morning

Image Description

Early morning fog presented a great effect but was not around for a lengthy period and burned off quickly.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I found this image to be peaceful ! Any thoughts are appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon Markll 70 mm @ 1/2 sec f11

2 Likes

A very peaceful morning on Sparks Lane! I like the texture in the tree trunks and dogwood blossoms. A beautiful image - well done!

1 Like

Very peaceful!! I love the horizontal lines of the Dogwood (?) against the more random branches of the near trees and the verticals of the fence and the BG trees. You did a very nice job of creating mystery as to where the road is going, but I want to walk down it to find out. I love the light, with its soft tonalities and colors. It looks like you used a filter of some sort, but I wonder if it would be equally appealing without it – maybe with a touch of tonal work such as Glamour Glow instead?

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the input, the glow might produce a very nice effect , I will give it a try. Concerning a filter, none was used.

[quote=“Steve Layman, post:2, topic:34998, username:Steve_Layman”]

A very peaceful morning on Sparks Lane! I like the texture in the tree trunks and dogwood blossoms. A beautiful image - well done!

[/quote]t

Sparks Lane is one of my favorite spots to photograph, but my last visit, was a bust , due to the number of cars. I think the Dogwood still exists and for me it’s the one thing that makes the image stand out.

Odd about the filtered look – it’s very slight, but maybe its a JPEG compression artifact. Or I need to get away from the monitor for a while…

1 Like

I agree. This isn’t a criticism at all. However, when you look at the full screen view the texture in the road and the grass up close looks like it has been softened. Also, the road in a distance looks a little unusual to me. It is a really awesome image, but it has a slight painterly look to me.

Nice to see that everyone is having some fun with this image. let me see if I can help you with the painterly look, filter use etc. - what you see is the result of ground fog , sitting in a small depression about two -thirds into the landscape. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Yes! Thank you.

Hi James,

This very much reminds me of an 1800 acre farm I use to live on before they sold it to a developer, there were several gravel roads that would end at the opening of a field (just like this one shows), even the trees and fence posts are very similar to this!
In fact, for a brief second, I thought this was a shot of the farm I lived on.

No suggestions, I just appreciate the memory!! :slight_smile:

Well done!