Misty River

Sony A700
Minolta 24-85 @ 85mm
ISO 100, .8 sec @ f16
Taken in the Tremont area of Smokey Mountains NP. There was this soft mist in the air in the river valley that enhanced the fall colors in a muted way. All comments welcome. >=))>

6 Likes

Wonderful, soft, and muted light in this image Bill. It has an ephemeral feel to it. Low contrast and bordering on high key. I can’t recommend anything to make this better other than maybe trying to pull up the blacks just a little bit in that foreground rock in the river to soften t up a little bit. Well done.

The muted tones of this image make it almost appear to be a watercolor. Really nicely executed, Bill. This one is worth printing and hanging.

1 Like

Interesting contrast of the vivid fall colors and the soft misty background.

I love the mist over this river!!!

It’s a beauty, Bill. The mist adds well to the dreamy colors, while that clear rock near the bottom makes a great anchor for the viewing.

Wonderful mood here with the mist and the pastel fall colors. Beautiful comp.

This is a beautiful image. Only nitpic I have is personal preference cause I don’t like the cotton candy water effect especially when it’s done to extreme which in my opinion this is. Please don’t be offended. It’s just my personal preference and otherwise this is a beautiful image. I see why it’s an editor’s pick.

I am fascinated by how the eye is guided through each individual branch through the image and thus is brought back again and again to the center of the picture. Because of the cool tone in the fog I have the feeling of a cold autumn morning. Fantastich captured and mediated.