Misty River

Came across this scene in late fall of 2010 in the Tremont area of Smokey Mountain NP. It was getting late in the day but the fading light seemed to enhance the mood. Chrissy and I were the only folks about and listening to the movement of the water and a light wind in the trees produced a real feeling of tranquility and peace. All comments welcome. >=))>

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7
Minolta 24-85 @ 85mm
ISO 100, 1/4 @ f11

2 Likes

Bill, the colors are gorgeous and nicely softened by the mist. The swirling stream and the rocks in it are a fine lead into the distance.

Oooh I love it, Bill. The composition is so intriguing with the flow of water and the presence of the rocks - they’re so solid and the mist is so ethereal. I hope you don’t mind that I had some fun with it -

I cropped the branch out overhead since I thought competed for my attention and took away from that tunnel effect you have with the river in the background. I also though the greens too hot so I took those down and did some dodging and burning to bring up the contours in the water. Wish there was a little more room on the right for the rock. What a great location!

Wonderful composition, Bill. Very peaceful and relaxing scene. I can almost hear the water.