Moab 4

After the best light in the morning the following harsher light lent itself better to B/W . I felt the bases of the pinnacles, as are the pinnacles themselves, were a bit mysterious and tried to capture that here.

Specific Feedback Requested

composition and processing

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
200mm, f/9, 4 sec, iso 100

1 Like

This is the most interesting picture so far from your Moab workshop. It’s the mystery that I find so compelling. The bush in the lrc really helps with all the darkness on the right side. I even wonder if you could convey the feeling of this image if did it in color.

Yes, I think you did a superb job of conveying a sense of mystery.

I agree that you have a great scene to convey a sense of mystery. I think B&W is the perfect vehicle to convey a sense of mystery, because I think color might not be able to handle this much contrast in the LRC. And for me a lot of the mystery comes from the dark area around the spotlit bush in the LRC. This is a very brooding image, there is a lot to appreciate here. i love how you have both the left and right edges so dark, this is a great use of edge burning.

My only suggested tweak would be a very slight burning of the very top center along the edge. Pulling that down a bit might help the viewers eye drift down to the bottom of the image.

Thank you @Igor_Doncov @Bill_Pelzmann @Ed_McGuirk for your comments. I will try to burn the top a bit.