Mohawk Falls # 2

A different year and a slightly different POV of Mohawk Falls. This particular year saw some very low flows due lack of precipitation so the rock was covered with a lush display of moss. At first I was disappointed with the flow levels, but then it dawned on me that the moss would be a unique take on this particular waterfall. Thanks for taking a look.

Nikon D 700, Nikon 17-35 @ 32 mm, f 22 @ 8 sec, ISO 200, CPL, cable release & tripod

Fascinating to see this waterfall at another time. So different than the first image you posted. They both have different moods. After seeing this, I can only think there is hope for other waterfalls where visitors, including photographers, have decimated the moss covering the rocks. The two images taken together make a wonderful environmentally illustratively pair.

Thanks David; I hope so too. I firmly believe that we as photographers have to lead by example and tread lightly in these sensitive areas.:thinking:

Ed, it was really hard for me to get my mind around the difference in the looks here from the same waterfall. But, on the other hand I’ve found you can work an area for years if you’re creative enough. In this case the change of year was a huge part of that look, but also your angle of view too. I’m enjoying the lush greenery that is almost non-existing in our arid regions.
Very nice work with the same subject here, Ed…:sunglasses:

The lush green moss is wonderful, Ed. An amazingly different view with the falls being a secondary object. These kind of changes are why it’s good to visit and revisit locations. Nature is always changing.