Molly

The good, sweet old farm dog. At the farm we would go to buy vegetables and raw milk.

Specific Feedback Requested

It was very harsh light and I had to adjust exposure even in post processing. Does it look okay?
Anything else

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
ISO 100
70mm
f/4.5
1/250
Rotate and slight crop

naturenessie
1 Like

Real nice image of a sweet looking old dog. Getting picky, I might tone down the reflection off the truck door at its bottom right, but minor stuff. Looks good to me.

1 Like

@Harley_Goldman Thanks! I probably can get rid of that!

A sweet-looking old dog. Reminds me of the song, ‘Old Dogs, Children, and Watermelon Wine’. Nice

1 Like

@terryb I’ve never heard of that song, but I’ll have to look it up! :grinning:
Thanks!

1 Like

You’re probably too young. :laughing:: By Tom T. Hall.

1 Like

@terryb … or just raised on a different genre!

1 Like

I really like the pose of the dog and you did a good job with the harsh light, Vanessa. I did find some of the background elements distracting and though I know you don’t want to do too much post processing, I thought I’d do some modifications as an example. This didn’t take 5 minutes. I burned some of the brighter areas on the dog a trifle more, removed a something along the left edge and got rid of some bright areas in the far background that kept attracting my attention. I used essentially four functions to do it: a burn brush to reduce exposure, a clone tool to replace a couple of areas with similar shading and color from nearby areas, and a combination of a color picker and paint brush at low opacity to color over an area in the far out-of-focus background. I think all these functions should be available to you.

1 Like

@Dennis_Plank Thanks, Dennis! I am able to ‘clone’ if it’s something small like on the truck, it’s called repair in my app. Unfortunately, I don’t have any brush tool where I can do precise adjustments. But I do have a curves tool that I’ve been working with where it can adjust certain broader areas of an image which is really nice. Thanks, it looks better without the chrome showing on the truck!