Morning Dew Drops

This image was captured a couple of years ago in the lower lupine field at Sugar Hill, NH. I had to be really careful setting this up as I did not want to accidentally brush this lupine and disturb the water drops. I would have liked to clean up a little under the plant for a cleaner BG , but was not willing to chance it so I darkened it a little to try and minimize distractions.

As always thanks for taking a moment to leave a thought.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D700, Sigma 185 macro, f 22 @ 0.4 sec, ISO 200, cable release & tripod.

1 Like

This is quite eye-catching, Ed! The water drops accentuates the converging lines of the leaves, kind of a silver-gilded feel. Beautiful. Great job spotting this.

So eloquent, Ed. The detail, lighting and composition are outstanding. As far as the background, my eyes are so focused on the petals and water droplets i don’t even notice it. This is just so wonderful to look at, I keep coming back again and again. Very nicely seen and captured.

Oh wow, what a find, and what a shot, Ed. I love the lines leading in to the large drop. I’m glad you didn’t disturb the drops and got this shot. Very nice.

Ed, this is excellent. The “leading lines” of leaves and drops come together well in the big drop at the center. Well seen.

Thanks everyone @Mark_Muller, @linda_mellor, @Shirley_Freeman andd @Mark_Seaver for the kind words. I am glad you folks enjoyed the image. This was the only time I was fortunate enough to catch and record these conditions.

2 Likes