Morning Stretch

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The tree, with its branches reaching up, seems to be greeting the late morning sun. It’s a simple, everyday kind of scene – just an old tree in a quiet spot, enjoying the warmth as the day gets going.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome.

Technical Details

16 mm at ISO 100 and 1⁄25sec at ƒ/11

1 Like

I love the infinite shapes of the tree which envelops and exites the observer and the trend from right to left created by the movement and the increasing shades. A stark and emotive photo for me.

1 Like

Beautiful scene, love the composition and all the detail in the bark. For my pesronal taste the overall contrasst is touch too high.

1 Like

Don, For you an every day kind of scene. Not for me.I think I know just two of such beauties
The tree is maybe old but cached by you in a fine composition, looking full of life.
I like your image so much. If you don’t mind I will try to imitate your style in my next post.

2 Likes

Thanks Giuseppe, I am happy you like it! :pray:

Thanks Tomas appreciate your feedback! :pray:

Thanks Ben, I am flattered that you find it good enough to imitate, I look forward to seeing your tree! :pray: :+1:

Wonderful Saundie, what an amazing tree. You’ve captured its aging grace well; the BW sets of the textures and lines. That sun spot is a really nice touch, well done on that.

I find that these dramatic BW images can get a bit crunchy, and sometimes softening just a tad with a glow layer after sharpening can keep that under control. Here’s a crude example:

1 Like

I’m late here. I’ll just add that I think it is a very nice subject and composition. I love what @John_Williams did.

Thanks John! Yes what a tree, looked like it had been there forever. I’m not averse to a bit of crunch but I love what you have done there, will look into that. Thanks for that valuable input! :pray:

1 Like

Thanks Diane! Yes @John_Williams has shown a great idea there, going to look into it. :+1:

The Lines ,The Shape of the tree and the Tone in black and white. So interesting and cool. If I were a kid and saw this tree, Its time to climb. Great photo !!!

1 Like

Thanks Gill! If you were a kid you’d probably walk up that tree. :grin: