Mt. Drum Glow

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

It was a cold February day in 2019 on the way back to Valdez from Anchorage and the sunset was lighting up Mt. Drum as I went by Willow Lake. I had no choice but to pull over and capture it while it lasted.

Specific Feedback

All feedback is appreciated.

Technical Details

Sony a6500, FE100400G @ 168mm, ISO-100, f/8…0, 1/50, hand held.

2 Likes

Gary, I love the gentle colors. Including the trees in the foreground provides perspective. The mix of deciduous trees and conifers adds interest. I have only one relatively small observation. The partial peak on the left suggests another mountain. I would crop it out and let Mr. Drum be the only peak in the picture. Thanks for posting this beautiful Alaskan landscape.

Hi Gary,
what a wonderful view. I can very well understand why you had to pull over and take the shot.
I love the subtle color palette and the soft mood.

I agree with @Barbara_Djordjevic about the small peak at the right edge.

I would have pulled over to capture this image too, Gary!The wonderful light and pastel colors in this winter landscape work beautifully together. The sliver of trees along the bottom also work well and provide a nice anchor to the scene. This is quite nice as is, but I agree with the crop suggestion from @Barbara_Djordjevic and @Jens_Ober. Fantastic image.

Marvelous image capture. I can not get enough snow images. As for the small crop on the right I would give it a try and then see YOU like it.