Neahkahnie Dreamland

This image was taken from Neahkahnie Viewpoint in Oswald West State Park on the Oregon Coast. An example of being in the right place at the right time. I’m glad that I pulled over and got out of the car.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything at all.

Technical Details

5 Likes

Wow, the layers on this shot are to die for!! Don’t think I have ever seen this many different ones in one photo. This is a magnificent shot. I love everything about it. I even love that you can see people on the beach and the wavy ocean. When I enlarged it you can get a faint glimpse of a town in the background. You did a terrific job processing too. I’ll just sit here and enjoy.

@Donna_Callais Thank you so much for your kind comments.

Chris, the layers disappearing into the mist look great and include wonderful details. The fact that they change colors subtly is a neat addition to the viewing. Have you looked into some dodging of the dark tones in that first ridge on the left? I’m not sure it would be better, but feels like it’s worth a look.

1 Like

Thanks, Mark. I did do some dodging on the first ridge, but sounds like I could do some more. I always try to err on the side of not overdoing edits. Thanks for the nudge.

Wow, Chris! This is an amazing scene! I love how the fog with layers goes from the foreground to the background. I really like your composition which includes so many elements, the ocean, the shore, trees, cliffs and mountains. Great capture!

I really enjoy looking at this image. The amount of layers you captured in this is simply amazing. Very nice capture!

@Vanessa_Hill @scottflaherty Thank you for your kind comments.

All of the above :slight_smile: Always follow the instinct. When it feels like getting out of the car, please do. This is so great! The change of colours from bluish white in the background via brown tones in the middle to the almost black with the green thrown in in the front.
I have never seen so many layers in one image. The depth is just unbelievable.
The one thing I would look into is darkening down the bright strip right behind the tree line to the right two thirds into the image. This lake or whatever it is distracts the eye I think.
And as always I have to ask myself what this great image would look like in black and white :wink:

@holgermischke Thank you for your suggestion and feedback!