New Great Blue Heron + Redo 2 and 3

Redo 3

Redo 2

Redo

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Audubon Swamp welcomes new resident. This was a great day.

Specific Feedback

Any and All
Thanks

Technical Details

3 Likes

Steve: this is a great capture of adult and chick. The composition is excellent and there is fine detail and tonal capture in the birds. It’s interesting thinking of the number of feeding trips the adults will have to make to have the chick attain adult size. Those trips will give you further opportunilties. Were it mine, it would be a wall hanger.

Beautiful composition, Steve. So nice to get the chick and adult in such complementary positions and poses. On my monitor, it looks like there are some hot spots without much detail, particularly the cheek of the chick. You could either try pulling down the highlights globally or using the local adjustment brush in LR to bring down just the brightest areas.

Thanks @Richard_Sandor and @Dennis_Plank
I have worked on the hot spots and reposted top image is redo
Thanks
Steve

Nice job on the repost, Steve.

Great moment you captured Steve. So nice to see the adult with chick like this. Nice job on the repost. Well done.

Redo looks good. I might be tempted to pull down the saturation of cyan and or green for the sky. Lighting and comp are awesome…Jim

Thanks, Everyone
@Jim_Zablotny, your ideas were a great improvement. Also, the other views had white backgrounds. I will post more.
I posted the wrong wider by mistake - but then decided to get everyone’s thoughts
Thanks again
Steve
PS Redos are on top