Nuthatch

One more from the backyard set up. White-breasted Nuthatch attracted by peanuts.

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C, tripod
ISO 400, f10, 1/500s

Any comments appreciated.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@allensparks.wildlife

Outstanding image Allen. Beautiful light, background, color, detail, and a fascinating perch. No nits here. We don’t see this species of nuthatch here in my area. They are really fun to watch.

Hi Allen
Nice shot, most of the I see Nuthatch climbing up and down trees in by back yard. Nice job the Nuthatch looks really good on the branch.
Peter

[quote=“Allen_Sparks, post:1, topic:12703”]
Very nice technically - sharpness and exposure look fine. I love the lichen on the branch. I’d happily trade some off the top to see more of the bottom of the branch if possible.

A sweet setup Allen, love the lighting and perch. I could see taking a sliver off the top.

Beautiful pose and detail in the Nuthatch, Allen. The perch is utterly awesome and I do think being able to see the bottom of it would have been nice. You don’t mention your focal length, but you could have zoomed out a touch I think and still had the bird nicely framed.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

@Dennis_Plank, @Richard_Ditch,
Showing the whole perch is a good idea except the actual perch has a long segment that extends well below what you see here and I thought it would be unnatural if I broke it off. Thus for better or worse I chose to show as above. Thanks for the feedback.

Nice look at the NH and I like the perch and background.

Great perch for this bird, and I like the overall colors in the image. Maybe you could consider taking a bit of the top, but other than that a fine image as presented. Cheers, Hans