Often unseen, always worth looking at

I grown many flowers and am fortunate that most bloom on a hillside where I often can easily see the stem ends, always a treat. I am also very fortunate that a local business, Von Trapp Flowers, grows over a hundred thousand tulips all winter long! They grace our dining room table most weeks and are a joy to watch as they move through their life. A south facing window can be challenging but also a gift.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Sony 6000, 1/250, f/13, 180mm, ISO6400 with adjustments to tone curves, sharpening and noise reduction in LR

5 Likes

Yes, a gift to a photographer :slight_smile:
This reminded me of a phrase I read when I was first started studying photography, “Shoot the Light”

I like how the stem is glowing as well as the petals. Wonderful colors and luminance.
The composition is really nice, too.

I would recommend using a tripod so you can shoot it at a much slower shutter speed like 3 stops up or 1/30th sec., that way the ISO would be 800 instead of 6400.
It’s easy to get high ISO numbers from a higher shutter speed, I do it sometimes without thinking about it, then wish I had done it different later when I see it on the computer :slight_smile:
The petals and the stem look nice and clean though.

Even with the noise in the underexposed dark areas, it’s a wonderful image :slight_smile:

Thanks for this. Yes, unfortunately there are too many times I just don’t “saddle up” and rely on hand-held. I very much appreciate your thoughts.

1 Like