Old School Elephant Ear

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

My first photo since April 2… I had Rotator Cuff surgery and now in therapy … I shot this holding my camera the best I could and saw it as a film style shot Trying to get going again…

Ill be looking at more images from everyone more often now. easier to use my lap top …

Peace to everyone !!!

Specific Feedback

Its a little soft due to how dark the plant was and not much light. I edited as an old film style image. Not perfect but still has that old vibe to it. Had FUN !!!

Technical Details

ISO 800 shutter 350 f14 edited in photoshop to look old style image !!!

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

Gill, welcome back!! Your shooting and editing here were spot on for me! An image and treatment like this can easily get away with nothing being perfectly sharp. I love the composition and drama! No nits!!

Best wishes for continued recovery. Don’t push it too far and lose ground.

Peace back!

Thanks so much. Just trying to get going again. I did an image video with my music on YouTube. It took weeks to put old images together. The music I had recorded a few years ago.
This will be my new journey.

I’ll send a link if interested. Cole Thompson and Christine Wilson have image videos. Lots of photographer do

Thanks again. Peace to you and the Planet.

:pray::earth_americas::pray:

I like this a lot, Gil. Excellent processing on the black and white. You composed this sectionof the leaf very well.

I don’t think there would be any objection art all to posting the video link in this thread. I look forward to checking it out!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F7dRqRDEyAM

Very nice – both the photography and the music. They go well together!

Thanks so much. That was the plan. And now on my new journey. Make my images and the music go together.

Gill: Really good conversion and a fine comp. We have elephant ears in our garden but I struggle to come up with a comp that I’m happy with. You did very well here. Most excellent. >=))>

Thanks. Really dark plant. I used the contrast filter to bring out the texture. Burn and dodge some.

Thanks again. :camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash: