Olive Branch

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any thoughts re background or crop

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Composition, contrast. Does the subject stand out enough?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Olympus OMD Mark II, Olympus 60mm macro lens, ISO 400, f/4, 1/250. Handheld, golden hour

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Ann Louise: I always appreciate images of subjects I would probably pass by. This is well seen and composed with that long C shaped branch being a solid anchor. The colors in the BG are a fine complement. Well done. :+1:t2: :+1:t2:>=))>

Thanks, Bill. I am glad you could see what I was after. Wandering in the garden at golden hour, I just happened to notice this branch.
Ann Louise

Nice blend of subtle colors to accent the olive branch. Good eye for seeing its possibilities.

Thanks for your comments & compliment, Patricia. Sometimes I find a shot when I am looking for something else!
Ann Louise

Hi Ann Louise, its refreshing to see a simple green image for a change and you’ve captured the various tones of this plant nicely. The C appears to be outstretched arms reaching toward the sun. Looks like a very healthy plant.

Yes, my husband’s olive tree is doing very well. Thanks, Jim, for taking a look and offering your comments. This is a great time to take a closer look at plants I would not ordinarily photograph.
Ann Louise