Tree with flowers

Another spring image, this one captured during my midday walk in a park nearby my home.

I wanted to capture the plentiful amount of flowers, but at the same avoid the image to be too busy by drawing the attention to a few flowers using a very shallow DOF. At the same time I tried to use the branches as leading lines and to create structure.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/1.2, 1/5000, ISO200, 50 mm equiv., 25 mm Olympus lens, Olympus OM-D E-M1X camera (mft system), handheld, ordinary adjustments in post-processing

The strong X shape with the supporting crisp focus is a great organizing feature and keeps the composition strong. Nice lighting and processing as well.

I like the look of the two central flowers-very attractive and good capture detail. Your DOF works well to highlight these two.

@Kris_Smith and @Allen_Brooks, thanks for your kind comments!

Good one Ola. Your plan worked. The arrangement of the branches does a nice job of keeping things organized. I also really like the nice brown color through out the photo. Very earthy.

Very much like the abstract quality of this and the contrast between the in-focus and out-of-focus elements. Some great diagonals as well. Really a strong image on many different levels.

@David_Leroy and @Tony_Kuyper thanks for your kind comments.

You have made a very successful image of a difficult scene. Well done.

Thanks a lot @Patricia_Brundage

Excellent composition Ola. You turned a very busy scene into a beautiful, shallow depth of field image . With so much going on these types of scenes are hard to actually visualize while shooting them. This was well thought out and planned and your execution was perfect!

@David_Haynes, thanks for your kind comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the image.