Osprey

The sun was behind the Osprey and I liked how the light came through the feathers. I also liked the wispy clouds in the sky.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Should there be more room on top?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D II; Sigma 150-600 at 361mm; 1/2000; f6.3; ISO 400

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Nice image Allen. I too like the light coming through the wings. Nice exposure against the blue sky on the Osprey as well.

1 Like

Nice job on this, Allen. I like where you placed it in the frame. The clouds add a lot to the background and the backlit wings and tail are really cool.

Allen, I have to say I’m impressed with how your exposure turned out on this guy, especially with a single exposure. I try Ospreys frequently, and it’s rare I can get satisfactory under-wing exposures in these sun lit conditions. I could only get something like this by doing a composite. What was your exposure bias for this?

Thanks for the comment, Bill. I had a +1 exposure compensation. My experience has been like yours, that its tough to get the under-wing and perhaps in this case it was the sun coming through the wings that helped.

Excellent job on the exposure and processing on this image. The translucent light in some areas of the wing is quite pleasing. It also helps to have some clouds against the blue sky. No sharpening halo noted which is indicative of the right exposure and the right amount of processing.