Over (another) edge

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Again, standing in the water making this image, holding on because the scene is so disorientingly wonderful, changing at every moment, with every slight move side to side, in and out, trying to find the spot(s) to focus on, the balance, and all the time not wanting to fall in. This is an example of one of the reasons I love still photography: you can STOP motion and see things that are otherwise challenging or impossible to see; I’ve now seen enough that I can imagine what I might get when I click the shutter but, until that moment, I never know.

Specific Feedback

Any and all! What is your overall feeling when you see this image?

Technical Details

Pentax K-7, 1/125, f/4.5, 150mm, ISO1600 with minor adjustments to tone curves, vibrance and sharpening in LR.

John, you’re treating us to another of your wonderful views of nature. I like the golden horizontal line that helps anchor the composition. It defines the upper third and the lower two thirds of the scene. Actually, the bright greens form another segment. Then the eye can enjoy the LL section that is not as complicated.