Water wiggles

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Standing in a small stream, watching the “wiggles,” I had to brace myself to keep from falling over with astonishment. This is the kind of photograph it is impossible to actually see in the camera but once the shutter is released, it become clear what is there.

Specific Feedback

any and all

Technical Details

Pentax K-7, 1/25, f/4.5, ISO200 with adjustments to tone curves and minor cropping.

1 Like

The shapes and colors here are really interesting John. I love the golds and the bright blues together.

I see this is a colorful, abstract study, John. I am not sure about the out-of-focus softness of the picture. I would like to know what would happen if you had an even slower shutter speed. Doing that would make it clear that it should be a long exposure.

Nice abstract shot.

Thank you one and all for your comments. To be clear, the odd-shaped circles are reflections of spots of sunlight moving in the current over the time of exposure. I love the effect and look for it whenever it might be there.