The edge

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I find myself drawn to the places in a stream or river where a standing ripple is happening. The changes in water texture and, especially, the surreal distortions and magnifications from where the water piles up fascinate me.

Specific Feedback

any and all

Technical Details

Pentax K-7, 260mm, 1/80, f/5.6, ISO1600 with adjustments to tone curves, dehaze, vibrance, and sharpening in LR

5 Likes

I love the color and distortions. I tried a pano crop to eliminate the water at the top. I realize you may want to keep it to provide context. My preference is to simplify.

Thanks, @Bill_Pelzmann , yes, I too had tried the same and, as you say, opted “to provide context.”

Very cool! I love the “context” of the water at the top and share your fascination with water textures. The interface between the two textures is the most interesting part of the frame. Do you have more with more of the top showing?

The one thing that catches my eye is that orange blob in the LLC. It doesn’t fit with the rest of the colors. Did you try adjusting the saturation of it to match that of the browns towards the URC? I think that would make this more cohesive.