Overflowing Party Crasher

I would normally post this kind of image in Flora but proving that luck happens to the well prepared I hit the jackpot when this little hoverfly landed right in the spotlight of these two hibiscus flowers. Light was filtering through the trees with a little breeze so the position of the spotlighting was changing constantly as well. I got this one frame and off he flew. Please view large. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G-II @ 230mm
ISO 400, 1/500 @ f8

Bill, you must have paid that hoverfly to position himself right in the spotlight! Very cool. The hibiscus are really beautiful. In the thumbnail size I thought I was looking at pansies, but soon saw otherwise when opened up in larger view. Just beautiful.

The hibiscus are beautiful, Bill. Perfect lighting and detail in the petals. Must have been your lucky day to also gotten the fly. Very nicely seen, captured and executed.

Lovely image with the perfect little grace note!

Bill, the two hibiscus blooms look great. I’m always amazed by how long their center parts are. You’ve managed to get all of both flowers sharp. The hoverfly in the spotlight is quite the bonus.