Party Crasher

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/80 @ f22
I was out shooting our callas the other day and this little beetle crashed the party. He stuck around for about five shots and then flew away to parts unknown. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

Bill, the beetle is a neat addition to the Calla’s center part. I like the yellow spike in the midst of white surroundings and the curved line of the petal near the top. I think the bottom half could use some more structure, so I’m wondering about processing to show more of the texture below and to the left of the central spike.

Bill, this is really great. I am enjoying the little beetle on the yellow spike, and then the nice curves the bloom provides. The lines in the pedals and the curving lines all point to the beetle. Very nice. :+1: :+1:

Beautiful closeup on the flower Bill, showing off its gentle curves nicely. Lighting is good too, with some detail visible in the whites. Your little party crasher would have made an interesting subject on his own, I’m thinking.

1 Like

Hi Bill,
The party crasher is an Anthrenus species (Dermestidae). Anthrenus feed on pollen and dried animal carcasses. Comp looks good and nice and sharp as excellent close-ups require. Well done…Jim

This little critter gives just a bit extra to the image, Bill! Although it would have been beautiful without. Great soft light and nice comp. :+1:

Hi Bill, critical focus is spot on and I like the composition. The little bug adds a lot of interest. Well done.