Parking Lot Landscape #2

On the park loop road in Acadia National Park, ME

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

4 Likes

Michael, your image give comfort that when getting older not manage to walk that far you do not have to leave the parking lot to get wonderful images! The tree trunks give the structure, and the leaves the texture and the color palette makes the rest. There is also a sense of depth.

Just a thought, eventually the image could be flipped horizontally, then the large branch at the bottom will lead you into the brighter parts of the image.

1 Like

Michael,
This has nice structure and spacing to the trunks as well as a nice distribution of colors across the entire scene. Taking this from the parking lot makes think of the occasions I have continued a long hike to the “next bend in the trail” and found the best scene back near the car.

2 Likes

This has such lovely colors. The composition is right on.

Yea that was a pretty easy shot wasn’t it, Mike. We just had to find the right combination of color and spacing of the tree trunks. The horizontal format is perfect for this woodland scene as is the transition of fall color from green to red. Excellent image!

This works great for me Mike. I agree with the comments about the nice spacing / arrangement of trees, the structure they provide helps avoid having just a wall of color. Your processing of color is really well done, and looks vibrant but natural.

The up and down branch of leaves near the bottom sort of reminds me of a wave of water. Very appropriate for Acadia NP !

Hi Michael, this is a very striking and interesting image. I agree with the other’s feedback, regarding the spacing and the overall composition. It does have very nice structure, spacing, and colors.

When I expanded your image, it read a bit saturated for my personal taste. After downloading a copy and importing it into Photoshop, I would suggest there may be some strong color cast in the image. I played around with a curves layer to remove some of the color cast, raised the shadows and introduced mid-tone contrast through a levels adjustment, reduced the saturation for each individual color, and added a subtle vignette.

Here’s a rendering that seems to add a bit more separation of colors and allows the wonderful composition to shine a bit more, IMHO. This is just to my taste, but I respect your overall vision for the image and recognize my rendering may not be to your taste.

1 Like

Just beautiful Michael. The color pop, the composition is just right, and you didn’t have to walk far to get this one. Who doesn’t love that?

Thanks @Igor_Doncov , @David_Haynes , @Ola_Jovall , @Ed_Lowe , @Alan_Kreyger , @Ed_McGuirk and @Jimmy_Arcade .
@Jimmy_Arcade , your interpretation looks fine to me. This is pretty much straight out of camera. I don’t like to spend a lot of time at the computer, so don’t look at my images as critically as I should.

1 Like

@Michael_Lowe, I can certainly appreciate your avoidance of spending a lot of time at the computer and keeping it close to straight-out-of-camera. What I’ve come to learn, very recently, is that our cameras often add some color cast, which takes away from the true colors that want to come through; especially for fall colors. Case in point, with the ridiculous amount of cyans in my fall color image you commented on. Ha! :grin: