Peace

Flamenco beach on the island of Culebra is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. An old war tank bears witness to times past.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Wow, the colors are spectacular. I really like the star trails looking like they’re circling the tank.

I’m not sue if this would be better in the Non-Nature category or Landscape. I will let one of the Landscape Moderators make a ruling.

In either case, this is a really stunning image.

For Augusto’s benefit, the NPN Guidelines state that in the Landscape category, man-made elements should not be the primary subject of the image (and where such elements are the primary subject, the image belongs in Non-Nature). In my opinion, it’s not 100% clear the tank is the primary subject, it occupies a small percent of the space, and the sky, beach and star trails are also each important elements in the overall image. So I would say it is okay to leave it in Landscape Critique.

Augusto, it is however a very striking image. The tank seems out of place in this environment, which makes me ask questions about how it got here. I mean this in a good way. And then your use of color and light and color make s the tank seem even more out of place, which helps tell that story even further. An interesting image for sure.

Good use of long shutter speed here. Everything looks dreamy except for the tank which gives this a surreal look to it.

Thank you for your comments. I had the same doubt, I decided to publish it in the category of landscape because this photo, I’m trying to tell the healing story of this place. Why a war tank on an idyllic beach? Difficult to understand but this beach was a shooting polygon of the armed forces for many years. More insights on the subject would lead us to discuss political issues that are not within the scope of this forum.

1 Like

Thank you for your comments. I feel great about all the great ideas I’m learning to here.