Pebble

Was busy, busy photographing sea stacks and looked down…

Specific Feedback Requested

composition and processing

Technical Details

50mm f/10 1/50 sec 800 iso

3 Likes

What a nice surprise. The lines in the sand leading to the pebble are fantastic. Overall it feels nicely balanced to me.

1 Like

Great image, Mario. The lines pointing to the pebble. The B&W treatment and the vignette all working to make a wonderful, cohesive image. Outstanding.

1 Like

Great composition and image Mario! The lines reaching out to the pebble make this a compelling image. The monochrome edit lets the white pebble stand out. Wonderful job!

1 Like

Great job with this one Mario, I really like it and I think your composition is fantastic. In regards to the processing, I imagine that some people would say that the vignette is too strong, but I happen to like vignettes and I think it works with this image.

1 Like

This is a beautiful image Mario.
I love the overall mood and the precise composition. Also like the B/W look you got here.
I would back the vignette a little (especially on the ULC).

1 Like

Very nice, Mario. I love that the pebble stands out as a luminescent force of nature in its own right. I tried to do something like this recently, but the pebble didn’t really add to the image in my attempt. Wonderful job seeing this and processing it. I could have a little less vignette too, but not too much less, just a tish. That’s of course a matter of taste. So, vignette or not as you see fit.
ML

1 Like

This is a nice little find here… have you thought about rotating it so the lines come from the bottom left corner and up?

2 Likes

Just love this image Mario. Like everyone has already mentioned, really love how the lines on the sand point towards the pebble. To my fantasy driven eye, it looks like the evil forces of Sauron coming towards the small village of Bag End. Sorry for that, finished a marathon of LoTR a few days ago, so it is fresh in my head. Anyway, dig the monochrome editing. Personally I would have increased the contrast a bit more but that is completely subjective. Nothing much except just love this one. Kudos.

1 Like

Mario,

Great job with this! I like how the patterns in the sand point generally to the stone. And that stone is a great anchor and eye rest.

The only feedback/suggestion I have goes along with the comments on the vignette. I generally like and use a little vignette, but think here just a tad heavy; but not much and of course within the realm of personal choice.

Well seen and photographed!

Lon

I love the angle you shot this at, Mario. It makes for a wonderful composition with the tendrils coming in from the upper left to the single pebble.