Perfect Imperfect

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 200, 1/250 @ f5.6, ISO 400

One of those lying on the stomach shots ( not so easy to arise from these days !! ). A small ipheion flower growing by a tree trunk. I might have cloned in the imperfection in one petal but have left it as I like the shadow it casts.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Lovely, Ian. I agree with not repairing the petal. I like it this way. The flow of the leaves in the bottom of the frame is wonderful.

Worth the effort, Ian! The low perspective works very nicely with this little flower. Glad you didn’t try to fix the petal. Nature isn’t perfect and it’s the little defects that make it real for me. The only critique I have is that it’s too bad the one blade of grass overlaps the bottom petal. Guess you were just a hair too low :wink:

That’s a lovely “clean” flower, Ian. It really stands out well against the “spring green” surroundings. The bits of leaves in front create a good sense of a small flower hiding in the grass. The flawed petal is a fine touch of reality.

Great shot, Ian. I agree with your not cloning the petal, but being the super nit picky PITA that I am, I would clone out the little brown spot on the right about a third of the way up.
:vulcan_salute: