Petal and Pattern

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The image captures the elegance of the flannel flower, a humble backdrop to the butterfly’s complex patterns.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is good feedback.

Technical Details

89 mm at ISO 1250 and 1⁄500sec at ƒ/11

Very nice, Saundie. I like the contrast between the butterfly and the fairly simple white flower. What’s the other critter?

Thanks Dennis. Its a spider, funny this image was on a Social Media feed, lots of comments but no one mentioned that.

Is everything in Australia down under Saundie? Sorry couldn’t help it. There is a nice contrast in colors and shapes in this. The little spider is an added bonus.

1 Like

Thanks Ed. Its just me down here … not really, I have been away for almost a year so now I am playing catchup. Thanks for the feedback.

I should have mentioned it earlier Saundie. The details and colors of the butterfly are great!

1 Like

Thanks Ed! :+1:

Saudie: What a great find and a fine capture. I like that the butterfly is under the flower and not on top which is what one would expect. It’s almost like it is hiding. A lot of times a busy BG like this would be distracting but the subject commands the frame so well that I just don’t notice it much. Well done. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Thanks Bill! I think the busy BG adds to the authenticity of the image, the place was full of flannel flowers. Appreciate your comments. :grinning: