Pictured Rocks NL

I just re-joined and thought I would post this for the weekly challenge. Not quite the best composition but the moment was very cool.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Brian: Great to have you back. The reflection is a bit of a mind bender and I’m having a hard time figuring the sun track. Nicely seen and captured. >=))>

1 Like

Brian, I agree with Bill that the reflection pushes the viewer to spend some time figuring out what is going on. To me, that’s a special treat. I was struggling with the thumb trying to figure out what kind of strange pole you’d included… The larger view makes the situation clear creating a big grin. It’s a neat view with the sunlight glow through the arch, but it’s your extra bit that pushes the envelope very nicely.

1 Like

This works really well. Very abstract and it takes a while to get your mind around it. Great choice for the challenge and good to see you back.

This is really held my attention for awhile, enjoying the reflections as well as the scene, but also trying to figure out what I was looking at in the reflections. Very well done. Welcome back to NPN, Brian. Looking forward to seeing more of your work and your comments and critiques.

Brian: Inquiring minds want to know; is that an opening in the glass allowing the sun to shine through? Its driving me crazy, although for me getting to crazy is a short trip :wink:. >=))>

Had to think about for a minute. The glass window is reflecting the cliff, and through that window you are seeing out one of the front portal windows, looking west to the sunset.

1 Like