Pine Siskin

I expect the Siskins and the Purple Finches to depart back northward at almost any time, so here’s one more Siskin photo before they say, “Au revoir”.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM zoom, f/5.6, 1/1000 sec., ISO 800, Hand Held. Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and sharpness. Topaz De-noise applied.

3 Likes

A very beautiful, contemplative look! I really like the bokeh going on in the bg! Nicely done!

I had the same thought as Vanessa: a contemplative look. Maybe thinking about his trip north and not looking forward to it. Nice look at the bird and nice background.

Thanks, @Vanessa_Hill and @Allen_Brooks. Hey, Allen, he should consider himself lucky. At least his trip is overland. He doesn’t have to do some crazy thing like fly over the Gulf of Mexico!

Nice perches and a nice pose from the Siskin, Terry. Detail in the bird looks very good. I like it.

Thanks, Dennis. The perches, etc. are really paying off.

As others said, that background is excellent. I enjoy tilting my screen just to darken the BG and bring out its colours. Oh yes, and the bird’s good too!

1 Like

Terry, the Siskin looks very good. The hints of magenta in the background are a nice early spring indicator. Yes, it does look very contemplative.

Thanks, Mark. Though I consider myself a documentary style wildlife photographer, it’s nice to capture an image that’s at least somewhat artistic, now and then.