Pipevine Swallowtail

Seen yesterday in a community garden near my house.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7D2, 70-200mm f2.8L, 1.4x TC III
ISO 640, f14, 1/640s, hand held

allensparks.wildlife
2 Likes

Allen, this is gorgeous. I love how the color of the flower compliments the spots on the BF. You did an excellent job capturing the colors. The details in the BF is excellent throughout. The nice smooth BG makes the BF and flower really stand out nicely. I love the composition as well. I just can’t think of a thing to improve the image.

I totally echo @Shirley_Freeman comments, Allen. This is an outstanding photo.

1 Like

Hi Allen,

Beautiful photo and your expertise with technique is evident here. In fact, I have no nits for you and like this photo as presented. Awesome…Jim

A gorgeous image. The colours of green and orange and then a splash of blue are so good. Beautiful BG. Great pose from the butterfly. Then there’s that lovely diagonal flow.

Amazing catch there! Great sharpness, colors, and contrast. Especially love the big eyes with their subtle reflections and the muted but still interesting background.

It’s a rather perfect butterfly portrait, but personally, I think I would have flipped this horizontally to open up the image a bit more, but then I read from left to right so anyone doing the opposite would probably prefer this orientation…

Very beautiful capture Allen! I really love the complimentary background colors, they really bring it all together to make the butterfly and flower stand out beautifully!

Allen, the details are great and the background is highly complementary.

Allen: Superb capture of a great subject on a great perch with a great BG. Most excellent.>=))>