Polar night stream

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

Wow. This looks cold…I can feel the cold. Nice work. I like the lower right foreground balanced with the upper left trees. Well seen.

I really like the colour gradient here as well as the detail in the trees on the left. You can definitely feel the chill in this image!

1 Like

This definitely feels cold. The subtle color changes in the sky add well to the overall chill as do the snow covered logs in the foreground.

Jorma, these are some amazing conditions! The image is even better when you click on to to see more detail! My only thought would be on the left bank it looks like there is a bright patch between the trees, it doesn’t match the rest of the light over there nor in the reflection. Not sure if it was dodged or something in the processing, or maybe it was natural and my eye is deceiving me…either way I would try to match it more to the surrounding tones.

Great work!

Hi David and happy new year! Thanks for the nice comment. The light area at the top left is consciously dodge done and I find it nicer than darker.

Beautiful scene, with stunning colors, so evocative of REALLY COLD!