Polished

There is a canyon in the Canadian Rockies (in Yoho NP) where, when the water level is low, one can see these incredibly beautiful polished rocks. The last time I was there I spent hours exploring and photographing them.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Oh wow, Tom, this is really a neat image. Great lines and shapes, and I love the placement of the group of different colored rocks. Excellent shot!

1 Like

Tom, a very fine collection of rocks in the dugout here. Always interesting & appealing to see how well nature can produce such highly polished items with resulting water flows and wind too. I think this is a fine composition leaving some room around the main subject instead making it too tight. I’m sure there are some crops that might work well also, but it works just fine as is for me…:sunglasses:

1 Like

Tom, this is a great look at the water eroded bedrock with the little pool of pebbles. I like your comp. a lot. The warmer colored pebbles make a fine contrast with the slick grey rock and all of it’s fine contour lines.

1 Like

Tom: One of my favorite places on the planet and a great find for you. I love the understated color palette and the overall comp. Most excellent and congrats on the EP.>=))>

1 Like

Thank you all for your kind comments!

I missed this one at first, but fortunately the Editors pick corrected this omission.
A beautiful small scene. I like the composition with all the lines, structures and shapes and the collection of deposit in the pool. Fine image.