Pond Heron

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Almost at ground level, on a dull light evening by the lake

Technical Details

6DII, 500, 1.4 TC F 8

1 Like

Hi Balan, I am not much of a color photograph person, but this one I like. A lot. The detail on the bird is insane and I like how the bird itself is more looking like a drawing than a photo. Also, all the negative space works really well, which adds to the drawing feel.
You have caught the heron when he was just about to move, but still got him perfectly in focus. Well done.

Beautiful, Balan. A really nice pose on the heron with excellent detail in the plumage. I love all the silver water. Normally, we prefer birds looking a bit toward us, but I like the feel of this one walking slightly away. It makes for an interesting mood.

Hi Balan, nice take on this bird which appears to be in stalking behavior. Agree about the mood and painterly affect. I like the high key look contrasting with the brown of the bird.

Beautiful image. Print worthy!

Hi Balan
As Dennis mention, it is preferred to have a bird facing the camera, but in this photograph the Heron’s expression, leg lift and intent eye, sells the photograph. The overall feather detail and coloring are also very nice.
Peter

Great image, Balan!! :slight_smile:
I think all I can do is echo what others have already said.
Beautifully done and yep, it looks very much like a painting.

Well done! :slight_smile: