Prelude

On my first and so far only visit to White Sands NM Chrissy and I drove into the park fairly late in the afternoon. We went for a short walk on a boardwalk through some of the dunes close to the visitor center and came upon this little scene. Besides the shadows I also liked the little critter trails. All comments welcome. >=))>

Specific Feedback Requested

Yea or nay on the critter trails?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G @ 210mm
ISO 200, 1/320 @ f9

4 Likes

Spiky and soft at the same time. W.S. is a great place to wander, although I had to wear my darkest sunglasses which made taking pictures a little tough since my eyes had to adjust every time I looked in the viewfinder, lol. The critter tracks are a bonus for sure!

Love all of the lines, textures and details you’ve captured here, Bill.

Perfect dynamic lines, with the leaf shadows at an angle to the contours of the hillside. The tracks tell a great story!

Bill, the crosshatch of leaf shadows and ripple shadows is quite striking, with the critter trails a great extra.

A very nice effect with great long shadows. Well done!

Very nice long shadows, Bill. I like how the shadows cross over each other. Nice lines and texture.

Every time I’ve looked at this little scene this week, I’ve enjoyed it more and more. Nice work.