Prelude

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G @ 210mm, CPL
ISO 200, 1/320 @ f8
Two of our sons and three of our granddaughters live in Phoenix and Los Angeles so we took a screaming road trip to visit them over the Easter weekend last year. On the way home we took a short detour to White Sands National Monument. It was my first time there. We drove in late in the afternoon more for a scouting trip than anything but there were still a few worthy subjects. I left the critter tracks in because I thought they added some interest. All comments welcome.>=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

A beautiful white composition, Bill! Lots of things to like in this photo. The contrast between the sharp lines of the grasses and their shadow and the granular textures of the sand, the diagonal lines of the shadows, the crisp details all around, the 2/3 placement of the grasses in the frame and all the little critter tracks that make it extra special. Well Done!

Bill, the details stand out beautifully here. The mix of shadow and sun show off all of the parts, sand ripples, yucca shadow, and small critter tracks very well. I think those three track ways are beetle tracks, :smile:, while I’m totally intrigued by the continuous, wavy lines in the sand.

Oh I love the shadow play here and finding the animal tracks at the bottom of the image is so precious.

Fantastic entry Bill. Love the graphics and lines. The detail, texture in the sand is “almost” as compelling the diagonal shadows. For sure though, they combine beautifully.

A little unsure if I think the top is too bright, but could live with this one as presented. :grin:

Lon

This is a lovely shot, Bill. Wonderful composition with great lines and textures. Perfect WC.

Excellent and unique take on the white sands. Memorable use of shadow!